Looking After Your Reclaimed Floorboards
Quality wood floorboards can last a lifetime especially reclaimed floorboards as they have been passed down through multiple generations. However, even the highest quality timber can be susceptible to wearing’s and scratches if not cared for properly.
Making sure to put effort into taking proper care of your wood furniture/floorboards will reward you in the long run by adding beauty into your property. To ensure your wood floor lasts as long as possible looking its best, here are some tips on how you can look after it…
Care Tips For Reclaimed Floorboards
- As the majority of our products are used for flooring it is vital to remember to be careful and considerate when moving and rearranging furniture. We advise never to drag large and heavy objects across your wooden floor to prevent dents or scratches.
- Make sure to be careful about exposing your floorboards to sunlight for a long period of time. It could result in ‘spotting’ where light and dark spots appear across your timber. To prevent this you could use rugs or carpet runners on the areas where the sunlight directly hits. You could also place these in high footfall areas such as halls, doorways and stairs, preventing any wear or tear from heavy shoes, work boots, high heels etc.
- Despite your best efforts sometimes your wood will get stained due to leaks or spillages. Be sure to clean up any kind of stain as quickly as possible to prevent the stain being harder to remove.
- When using reclaimed floorboards within homes with pets making sure that long and sharp claws are trimmed is important. This can prevent scratches that will potentially ruin your flooring.
- To keep your floor looking pristine make sure to regularly sweep, dust or vacuum your timber. This will help to keep your flooring looking as fresh and clean as possible continuing to add charm and aesthetic to your homes.